Want some advice on how to influence? My whole blog (and my whole life) is really about that – convincing others to do what i want them to do is kinda my hobby (or my destiny perhaps?).
Here are some useful tips:
- You can always trust Shane Parrish at Farnam Street Blog to summarise the important stuff well. Here are the 9 Primary Tactics Used to Influence Others
- Six lessons from Machiavelli, and 11 more lessons
- Seth Godin’s recommendation for influencing people over the christmas break: choose 3 people, give them each 3 books, ask them to read them over the break. Do you dare?
- Read About How Hotels Get You To Reuse Towels. Everyone’s Doing It .
- Winning An Argument gives you some great tips about convincing people.
- and finally Get People to Open your Emails.