You know you’re good at what you do, so why aren’t you the hottest property in town? Consulting Mastery teaches you the secrets that set Master Consultants apart from the merely competent:
– learn about availability: why not let happy clients do the talking for you?
– discover affability: establish rapport and empathy with clients
– understand the ability myth: competence alone gives no guarantee of great client relationships.
– values as revealed by website recruitment literature (and how to work with them)
– how big consultancies advertise themselves
– how to work with clients using values and thinking styles.
Whether you’re just starting out or been in the game for a while, there’s plenty in this book to make you reflect.
Originally published by Allen&Unwin in 2003, this book now forms part of Cindy Tonkin’s Consultant’s Guide Series.
Buying the book will automatically subscribe you to Cindy’s weekly newsletter for Consultants. And you will automatically receive a copy of the workbooks to accompany the Guide. There is always an unsubscribe link.
In Kindle or pdf
Approximately 157 pages, 65,268 words.
Includes a sample chapter of Book 4 in the Consulting Guide Series: How much to Charge for Consulting