Boston Consulting Groups made the news by encouraging their consultants to stop working 24-hour days.
Some of the things they did:
- created email blackout periods (at agreed times)
- set up windows to return calls (like office hours), rather than responding (reacting) to every call when they were in the middle of other tasks
- banned weekend work – leave the laptop at work, and no logging in over the weekend
- started meeting moratoriums – periods of time where no one holds a meeting
- agreed “hard stops” when consultants stop and leave work.
Which ones can you implement in your own consultancy?
Related: read my article Get out of work on time Here.