So you have only one shot at persuading this group. It’s important. How do you know what to say.
Here are some excellent tips from How To Prepare When You Only Get One Shot At Persuasion. The principles include
- Be one-sided
- leave something unsaid (make the audience work for it)
- tell stories
- match your credibility to the extremity of your position
- consider ego involvement (how invested are they?)
- identify the type of audience you’re talking to (this one is cool: hostile and disagreeable, critical but conflicted, uninformed, sympathetic, or activated? how you speak will change)
- choose your deep metaphor.