This podcast about parenting may interest you. Here are some take outs from my listening:
- Praise dependent and reward dependent kids vs independent kids
- it’s not life threatening or unhealthy let it go
- work to Increase their responsibilities and decision making, decrease limits and boundaries
Ask are they making a Mistake, mischief or mayhem
- Mistake: Can they own and fix, learn from it, move on:
- Mischief: Work out how it won’t recur (what you will do, not what you won’t do)
- Mayhem those 2 and heal with the person you harm.
The keys are:
Bully has to say “this is what i did” i regret it, this is how I’m going to fix it.
- I’m sorry you were offended is not an apology
- Here’s some options: You control half, how you ask matters
- No is a complete sentence
I’m not into nice i’m into kind
- Sense of deep caring
S important life messages you can give your child.
- I believe in you
- I trust in you
- I know you can handle it
- You’re very important to me
- You’re listened to
- You’re cared for