What makes a smarter data person?
Clearly we’re assuming that technical skills are the price of entry. But when that’s been satisfied, what differentiates a smarter data person from the rest is their ability to deal with the people side, the politics side, the soft side of the business.
I’ve been asking this question on my podcast for 22 episodes now, I did this presentation for DAMA, the Data Management Association in Sydney after only 8 episodes, and it was only a pecha kucha 5 minute presentation.
Here is a list of workshops I run around these kinds of things.
Here are some other points of view on what makes a good data person from others:
- Ten skills employers need in a Data Scientist
- Soft skills every data scientist must possess
- Why Soft skills will make or break you as a data scientist
- Quora on what soft skills are crucial
- To excel in data science, work on your soft skills
- Nine must-have skills for data science
- Balancing technical and soft skills
- Sid Manassian’s take on Seven ways to increase your value as a data scientist
What soft skills do you think make for a smarter data person?