This is a selection of articles on consulting skills. Find more here.
These are published articles, book extracts and online articles on a range of topics.
The articles below fall into these categories:
- Managing yourself
- Dealing more effectively with clients and colleagues
- Managing and promoting your business
- Shift Perspectives – create workplace peace – published in Leadership Excellence
- BPR your life! – making more with less at work
- Success breeds success – and how to keep it that way
- When part of you wants to kill the client! – what to do
- Get out of work on time! – published in Law Practice Management
- Stop procrastinating about procrastinating!
- The presuppositions of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- The secret of every great speller
Articles on consulting skills: dealing more effectively with clients and colleagues
- I got empathy – now what?
- Saying what you can’t say – using negative commands.
- Managing Difficult staff.
- Performance Management.
- Giving feedback people hear.
- Hypnotic selling techniques.
- Helping clients deal with change.
- Let me give you the big picture – with the i’s dotted and the t’s crossed – Dealing with detail people – published in Executive Excellence September 2004.
- Meeting new clients and dealing with tricky ones…Building rapport with your client.
- Working with your client’s way of thinking to make life easier: Helping your clients make faster decisions and Sell and manage clients using their own decision making .strategies and their motivation style.
- When you’ve answered their question a hundred times, but they ask it again…What to do
- Getting recognised, appreciated and promoted – published in Executive Excellence March 2003.
Articles on consulting skills: managing and promoting your business
- Getting more and better clients
- Knowing what to charge – an email exchange between me and someone who wants free consulting…
- Cindy Tonkin’s 10 commandments for novice consultants
- Introduction to the ability myth (extracted from Consulting Mastery)
- Getting the client briefing process right
- Basic flowcharting for process analysis
We’re adding more all the time.