Every team needs offsites or away days.
We should do offsites more often!
At the end of an away day, the team always wants more. They say ďWe should do this more often,Ē and thatís true. But each offsite canít be just a sugar hit. Good feelings are great. You need something to show your boss. You need to demonstrate value. You need runs on the board.
Make sure the time you spend at an away days is valuable. Invest in offsites that solve operational problems.
Solve operational problems at offsites
Here are some operational issues that Cindy Tonkin has resolved at offsites. This list is not exhaustive. But it may help you to define the focus of your next offsite. Work on problems like these:
- cut down on the surprises caused by suppliers.
- set consistent work standards.
- realise some productivity gains!
- get rid of bottlenecks in the workflow.
- head off recurring customer issues.
- identify and capitalise on the teamís strengths and weaknesses.
- read the minds of your clients and colleagues.
- resolve squabbles about head count, customer service failure, and other tricky operational issues.
Of course Cindyís offsites can guide you through the traditional SWOT analysis. She can facilitate your team pulling together a strategy.
But your offsite should also improve how you function back at work.
Offsites must be enjoyable too!
Your offsite must address an operational problem. But it neednít be boring.
Cindy Tonkin has a background in improvisation, story-telling and games. She also spent more than 20 years improving productivity in organisations. An offsite with Cindy promises variety, focus and operational problem-solving.
Find out more about what you need to solve operational problems at offsites here.
Find out more about offsites from Political Acumen
- Discover how you can build team with offsites here.
- Think through your offsites and what you need to get out of them here.
- Learn some things to take into account when looking for a great offsite facilitator here.
- See how you can avoid offsite meeting nightmares here.
- Click here to learn how you can get your team politically savvy.