Developing Charisma is an important element in leading and influencing. This video outlines some keys
Here are some of the tips they outline:
- use go to stories
- act out the characters from your stories
- be comfortable with self-deprecating humour
- jokingly elevate others (rather than elevating yourself and putting them down)
- use body language
- double down on other people’s jokes (this is the improviser’s yes and)
- be genuine and share your emotions
The video uses John Krasinski interviews on talk shows to illustrate their points. Well worth a watch.
And from the same people, How to be effortlessly charming
The keys they outline are:
- Beaming and frequent smile
- Building other people up
- Raising the energy in the room
- Listening actively – repeating other people’s phrases (with enthusiasm).