Recruiting? Looking for a job?
If you’re looking for a job
Here are some interesting links if you’re looking:
- top 22 questions for candidates
- top 6 questions for candidates
- what to say when they ask why you’re leaving your current job
And this book, Stacked, was recently recommended to me: My friend Niels increased his hit rate for CV to Job interviews from about 1 in 100 to 1 in 3. It’s an American book, so some contextualising for the Australian market is required, but he applied the principles to his cover letter and upped his hit rate – maybe you can too.
If you’re recruiting
And if you’re recruiting
- best practices in recruiting
- recruiting for
- innovative job ads
- Seth Godin on recruiting and here as well
- This podcast with Daniel Kahneman around 25 minutes in he talks about a recruitment system he created for the Israeli army involving both assessment criteria ranked and an “intuition” element
Alternatives to the interview
- interviewing is not the best way to recruit
- Other alternatives for small business including behavioural based interviews, group interviews, video interviews, employment testing and knowledge testing.
- How to conduct a behavioural based interview
Preparing for the interview if you must have one
- writing great job descriptions for the job ad
- useful scorecard for your recruitment process
- 6 different interviews you could conduct (you have to sign up but sign up is free)
- 5 ways to reinvent the job interview
More links on: