Increasingly Linked in is your window to the world.
If you do nothing else, customise the URL which leads to your profile so it looks like something a human could read (and type!). This post will tell you how, plus a few more things you can do (export your contacts, for example) which will up your ROI on time spent in Linked in!
Then optimise your profile:
- Top 10 Overused LinkedIn Profile Buzzwords not only shows you what others are doing wrong, but how you can improve your linked in profile.
- here some other words to avoid.
- and make sure your picture says what you want it to say – see below!
Here are some excellent tips on what your Linked in the photo needs to look like. In principle:
- from the elbows up (so it’s your face)
- Solid background
- plus some other really great examples with actual pictures.
More links on: