It’s easier than you think.
The 6 suggestions (with evidence) are:
- listen to music from a happy time in your life
- smile and wear sunglasses
- think about your goals
- get sleep
- reduce stress (to reduce procrastination)
- go for a walk every morning, preferably with a friend.
Read more about it Neuroscience Discovers 5 Things That Will Make You Happy.
And as a twin to that, try 12 ways to reduce your stress
Or 4 ways to reduce your stress (clench and unclench; take slow, deep breaths; splash cold water on your face; find some great music and do a little dance)
Or these Stoicism rituals which include:
- ask what you would do if it happened to someone else
- say yes, but in a moment (not now) and postpone the pleasure
- turn the thing you used to love but now take for granted into a treat
- do a daily review.