Sidney Minassian is on my podcast this week.
- 7 ways to increase your value as a data scientist (who doesn’t love a good listicle?)
- Some classics on how to run meetings more effectively
- And why you need to say no, and be a Narrow Niche Ninja
Sidney Minassian also talks about:
- Disruption and change and how it affects data science
- It’s never the technology that’s the problem, it’s the people
- Why it’s not just about the data and the tools – it’s also about how we take advantage of the tool?
- What the c-level need to know about data
- Why you don’t need to know EVERYTHING to work in data science
- Seven ways to increase your value as a data scientist
- Why it’s important to take control of your own relevance
- How he makes health a theme in his family
- Being a stickler for time: and how it works in meetings: why you need to set tone and expectation for meetings, and how pizzas figure in that
- How values figure in his company and the way they work
- Nothing is forever – and what that means at work
- Having the fight early
- What to do when you have too many things to do: managing your to do list
- Why he has more than 56,000 unopened emails in his inbox: if something’s important you have to step into the client’s office to get attention and action
For more links see the podcast episode here.
Other podcast episodes you may enjoy: