We all rely on clients for our living. Are you slowly sabotaging those relationships?
5 Faux Pas That Will Kill Your Client Relationships gives you some tips, including relying too much on email and social media, lacking a moral compass, paying attention to the stereotypes, a lack of manners and decorum, and being opportunistic. To know what each means, read the article.
For more active ways to create and nurture relationships try:
- Building rapport – or getting on with the client
- Working Relationships
- Selling consulting takes a while
and of course my books, each of which costs you less than $10:
- Consulting Mastery
- Office Politics: know the rules to stay off the field
- Workplace Peace: you can change the way you work
- Consulting Mastery: Being good is not enough
and for independent consultants: