Shailendra Kumar is the author of Making Money out of data. It’s not an analytics book, it’s a business book.
Shaily is a keynote speaker on data analytics. In this podcast he talks about
- the “everyone does analytics” phenomenon
- the importance of articulating the business problem before anything else
- what makes a real data scientist.
Here’s a summary:
- How he prospers in a world where “everyone does analytics”
- Analytics as a business or strategic function, not an IT function
- The importance of creating the need first
- Why he once interviewed more than 200 people for a single role
For more links see the podcast episode here.
Other blog posts which may interest you: